Tuesday, March 4, 2008

its been a while

So I haven't updated in a while. We've been through alot in the past month and a half.
Nicholas was born on January 16th, 2008. He was 6lbs and 12ozs 19 inches. He had some major jaundice so for almost a week and a half we were going to the hospital everyday to get his blood test done. It got a little scary there for a little bit. His levels were getting pretty high. But thankfully they came down and he didn't have to be hospitalized.
Then on February 4th I ended up going to the hospital because I was having extreme back and shoulder pain. We thought that I had just pulled a muscle in my back. Well the immediately took me back to a room. The doc came in and examined me. He said he thought I either had a kidney stone or a gallstone. Okay, not a big deal, I can deal with that. He sent me for a CAT scan and the results came back saying that I had Pneumonia. He said he didn't like that because he didn't hear anything going on in my lungs so he sent me for another CAT scan this time with the IV contrast stuff. Well he gets the results. They aren't good. I have a giant blood clot in my right lung. I was in so much pain because part of my lung had died. So I was admitted to the hospital for a week and put on blood thinners. I was also on some pretty heavy duty pain killers, such as Dilantin, Morphine, Vicodin, Percocets.

We also have recently found out that I have a blood disorder called Protein S Deficiency. Which basically means that my blood clots more then it supposed too. So I'm going to have to be on Coumodin for the rest of my life. But I will still be able to lead a normal life, which makes me okay with having to be on the meds forever. I'd rather be alive then dead.
So anyway, back to my PE story. I was discharged from the hospital on Friday the 8th. On Saturday morning I woke up and just cried and cried and cried. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Well that night I ended up going back to the ER that night because I was in a lot of pain again. I thankfully was okay and nothing new had developed so I sent home with some more pain meds. On Sunday I cried some more. I couldn't take it. Me and Mike were watching TV and a commercial came on about Post Pardom Depression. As soon as I saw it I knew that was what was wrong with me. So off the ER we went again. This time it was to talk to the crisis councilors. All they wanted to do was admit me to the psych ward. I relunctly agreed. I thought they would put me on some meds and everything would be okay, I'd be able to go home the next day. Well as soon I got up there, I immediately wanted to leave. I had to beg them to release me. Thankfully they did. So on Monday mike took me to the crisis center at Doylestown hospital and they put me on meds. Within 2 days I was feeling better.
On Tuesday the 12th we had to take Nicholas to the Dr. for his cold. Well it turned out he had RSV. So we had to take him to the ER so he could get admitted. He was admitted to the peds unit for 2 days. Hes all better now though!!!!!
McKenzie took everything okay. We sent her up to Mikes parents house for almost a week. She had fun, thats the most important part. I don't know what I would have done if she would have gotten traumatized by it all.
Well its march now and everything is finally back to normal and going good. I just have to get used to taking a buttload of pills every night. The hard part is that I have to take the coumodin at the same time every night. Plus right now I have to go once a week to get my blood drawn to test my INR level. (it has to be between 2 and 3).
Okay, I think I've typed enough for the night. I promise to keep up more now that I'm feeling better!!!

No comments: